Broccoli Rabe Crostini
- 1 package Verdurabrand Broccoli Rabe (12 oz)
- 6 slices of Sourdough(or ciabatta or French) bread sliced(1/2 inch thick).
- 2 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Garlic 8 cloves cleaned( ½ cloves per slice of bread)
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper or Red pepper(if desired)
Make Toasts: Preheat toaster to 400 degrees. Place bread slices on a shallow baking pan. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil then lightly season with salt and pepper. If desired, grate ½ clove garlic (total) onto the slices. Insert baking pan into the oven. Let bread obtain a golden color, then remove. Let cool. Make Broccoli Rabe: Heat Broccoli Rabe per Verdurabrand instructions. When done, cut bag and pour into bowl. Let sit. In a small pan, pour extra virgin olive oil. Let heat then add garlic. Let garlic cook on low heat to a soft golden brown. Continuously stir for even caramelization. Add Verdurabrand broccoli rabe without the extra juice. Mix. On serving plate, place a forkful of broccoli rabe topping onto each crostini. Include one to two caramelized garlic cloves, if desired. Makes approximately four abundant slices. ENJOY!!!