Broccoli Rabe Pesto
- 1 package Verdurabrand Broccoli Rabe (12 oz)
- ¾ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- EVOO for toasts
- Garlic- 2 cloves cleaned
- Kosher Salt (both)
- Black Pepper or Red pepper (if desired)
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmigiano Cheese
- 1 cup shelled walnuts or pistachios or pignolis
- Slices of 1 Thin baguette (1/2 inch thick).
Make Toasts: Preheat Toaster to 400 degrees. Place bread slices on a shallow baking pan. Drizzle with Extra Virgin Olive Oil then lightly season with salt and red pepper flakes (if desired). Insert baking pan into the oven. Let bread obtain a golden color. Remove and let cool.
Make Pesto: Heat Broccoli Rabe per Verdurabrand instructions. When done, cut bag and pour into bowl. Let sit. Drain excess liquid into a separate bowl. In a Food Processor, add 1-2 cloves of garlic and pulse. Next add nuts and pulse until coarsely chopped. Then add Broccoli Rabe and pulse until finely chopped. Add a pinch of salt and EVOO, process until incorporated. Pour into a bowl. Sprinkle fresh Parmigiano on top. Garnish with chopped parsley. On a serving plate, place bowl of pesto and surround with crostini. Add a small knife. ENJOY!!!